The results of the Census of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries are provided as basic data to examine structural changes in farming, forestry, and fishery villages and to establish and evaluate related policies. They are used as a population and sampling frame in various sample surveys on farming, forestry, and fishery industries.
1Use as basic data for national policies
The size, structure, distribution, and characteristics of households and individuals that engage in farming, forestry, and fishery businesses are identified and provided as basic data to establish national policies. Primary examples of use are as follows.
Agriculture (Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs) See details
- Basic data to promote customized agricultural administration, such as targets of agricultural policies and diversification of income
- Establishment of measures for each type of farming and measures to use and preserve farmlands
- Establishment of measures to control the supply and demand of each agricultural item such as rice industry and provision of farmland pensions
- Businesses for low carbon agricultural, forestry, and livestock food products
Fisheries (Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries) See details
- Basic data for customized fisheries policies, such as targets of fisheries policies and diversification of income
- Basic data for fishing boat policies, such as modernization of fishing boats, supply and demand control, and structural improvement
- Establishment of policies for the aquaculture industry (breeding) and measures to control fishery diseases
Forestry (Korea Forest Service) See details
- Basic data to determine targets of forestry policies and promote forest size policies
- Establishment of policies by type of forestry product and measures to control forest disasters
- Basic data for customized forestry measures and policies to diversify the income of forestry workers
Calculation of local grant tax (Ministry of the Interior and Safety) See details
- Reference data to calculate the financial demand of each local government (city, province / city, district, borough)
※ Items used: Number of farming, forestry, and fishery workers, farmland area (paddy, field), forest area, fishery area, livestock number
2Used as a population frame for various surveys
The Census of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries examines the characteristics of farming, forestry, and fishery households around the nation. This Census is used as a population and sampling frame for agriculture, forestry, and fishery surveys.
3Provided as basic data to prepare policies in small regions
Statistics for small regions (administrative unit Ri) are produced and used as basic data to establish sustainable policies for farming, forestry, and fishery villages.
- Measurement of ecosystem in small regions such as towns (local government, each research institute)
- Establishment of sustainable development plans for farming, forestry, and fishery villages (National Task)